Resolve “Support Code 5100 Canon” – Troubleshooting Steps
Encountering the “Support Code 5100 Canon” error is quite common when there are faults with the printer’s ink cartridge carriage. This error seems to occur due to dust or unwanted material accumulated in the carriage of ink cartridges. So, ensure to keep the interiors of your printer clean and away from dust. Let’s read this entire blog so that you can fix this error by understanding its possible causes.
Why Do I Face Support Code 5100 Canon?
If you are unable to print something with your Canon printer and getting the “Support Code 5100 error” message, it is due to various following reasons.
Before you explore our troubleshooting tips and techniques to fix this error, ensure you know the real causes first.
- The error code 5100 may occur when the outer parts of the printer are not clean and in poor condition.
- The interiors of the printer may have dust.
- If you are using duplicate ink cartridges, facing this error code is obvious. Hence, always use original cartridges.
- In case, you do not clean the printhead of your printer timely, “canon support code 5100” becomes obvious to disrupt your printing task.
- Another thing that may affect your printer’s efficiency and shows the “5100 error” code is using incorrect sizes and types of paper.
- Papers that are not as per the standards of task and printer’s guidelines causes printer issue.
- Ink cartridges may be installed incorrectly in your Canon printer.
- If a piece of paper is stuck in the printer, this error code can appear for sure.
- Problems with the ink absorber of the printer can also cause this error.
How To Fix Support Code 5100 Canon?
1. Resetting Canon Printer Ink Cartridge
Resetting the ink cartridge of the Canon Printer can fix various printing issues. Therefore, you must reset the cartridge of the printer so that you can get rid of error code 5100.
Here, you can see the procedure to reset the ink cartridges of your Canon Printer:-
- First of all, unplug your Canon Printer.
- Now, separate all the USB cables connected to your machine.
- Next, you need to access the cartridge door of your Canon printer.
- After that press the “Power” button.
- Finally, connect all the power cables to your printer.
- Now, you can try to print something with your printer to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
2. Clear Jammed Papers From The Printer
If the error “canon support code 5100” is showing up, it is because papers may get stuck in the printer.
Hence, you need to ensure that you are using good-quality papers. Besides this, papers should be installed in the printer’s tray appropriately.
Check the steps below to clear the paper jam issue:-
- First, turn off your Canon Printer.
- Next, you need to take the paper output cover out of the machine.
- Then, check whether there is any sheet of paper in the cassette.
- Moreover, in the “FINE Cartridge Holder”, find jammed bits of paper.
- Once you see the paper, move the “FINE Cartridge Holder” to remove any bits of paper carefully.
- If the jammed paper is rolled, then, pull it out with care.
- After removing the jammed bits of paper, close the paper output cover.
- Thereafter, ensure to reload fresh paper.
- Here, check your printer and print something.
3. Resetting The Canon Printer
If you reset your Canon Printer, the error 5100 will be resolved with ease. Resetting the printer will fix various printing issues. So, check the steps below to reset your Canon printer.
- First of all, turn off your Canon printer
- Then, remove the power cable of your Canon printer.
- After you remove all the power cables, wait for a few seconds.
- After waiting for a while, connect the cables back to your Canon printer.
- Again, power on your printing device while holding its “Resume” button.
- Thereafter, release the “Resume” button when the light of your device blinks.
4. Cleaning Printer’s Printing Strip
Inside your Canon printer, there is a plastic strip that helps the printer in carrying out the printing task. If that strip is full of dirt or unrequired particles, it leads to Support Code 5100 Canon.
- In the first instance, open your Canon printer.
- Next, check the strip whether is cleaned or not.
- Moreover, if it is not cleaned, take a soft dry cloth and wipe all the dust.
- After you follow the above instructions, try using your printer again.
5. Removing Dust From the Insides Of the Canon Printer
The error “support code 5100 canon printer” can be fixed easily, if you clean the insides of your printing machine.
Here, see the steps to remove dust from the insides of the printer:-
- In the first step, turn off your printer.
- Then, take a soft and clean cloth and ensure it is slightly wet.
- Rub the cloth on the outside of the printer.
- Now, get a lint-free clean cloth along with rubbing alcohol.
- Furthermore, clean the insides of the printer with a lint-free cloth and rubbing alcohol.
- While cleaning with a cloth, ensure that no hardware part is moved from its place.
6. Resetting the Ink Absorber Of The Printer
The ink absorber of your Canon Printer is a crucial part of the printer that absorbs waste ink. To fix the error “support code 5100”, it is important to reset the absorber at times.
- In the beginning, turn off the printer.
- In the next step, separate the power cord.
- Then, turn on the printer and hit its “Power” option.
- Press and hold the “Power” button and connect the power cord again.
- Now, release the “Power” button.
- Wait for a while.
- Again, press the power button to reset the ink absorber.
Here in the blog, we have focused on how to fix the “support code 5100 canon” issue in 6 easy steps. If you are facing the error again despite following troubleshooting tips, submit your query to us for further help and suggestion contact canon support.